Questions You May Have
What is 347AP?
What is smiLLe™?
Application of smiLLe™
What is benefits to select smiLLe™ metallurgy?
ABOUT Asking technical topics
- 347AP is a brand name owned by Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metals which has been developed in 1980s for the purpose of preventing sensitization to Polythionic Acid Stress Corrosion Cracking (PTA SCC) in austenitic stainless steel heater tubes.
- 347AP is a proprietary chemical subset of austenitic stainless steel Type 347LN (UNS S34751).
- smiLLe™ is a trade mark owned by Mitsui & Co., Ltd. which covers all 347AP products required to assure Anti-PTA SCC efficacy in hydrocracking units and hydrotreating units.
- smiLLe™ is the only metallurgical solution to prevent PTA SCC, without thermal stabilized heat treatment and without neutralization in hydrocracking and hydrotreating units
- Our business alliance partner Honeywell UOP licenses hydrocracking and hydrotreating technology. Please kindly send your questions to the email address here. (smiLLe-PR-TKZPF@mitsui.com)
- Our business alliance partner Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metals can address your questions. Please kindly send your questions to the email address here. (smiLLe-PR-TKZPF@mitsui.com)
- The properties of smiLLe™ are such that thermal stabilization heat treatment normally required for stabilized stainless steel, Type 321 and Type 347 after welding, typically consisting of heating the material to 1,650F(900℃) for 4hr, is not required. Therefore shop fabrication time can be shortened and costs for fabrication will be reduced. Field fabrication time will be also reduced, along with expenses for thermal stabilization heat treatment of field welds compared with piping using stabilized Type 321 and Type 347 materials
- smiLLe™ would be used in the fabrication of components requiring austenitic material in hydrocracking and hydrotreating units that could be sensitized leading to PTA SCC, including;
◇Heat Exchanger tubes and components
◇Flanges and Forged components
◇Plate for reactor internals fabrication
◇Weld overlay materials for reactor vessels and exchangers
◇Cast and forged valve and control valve
- The proprietary smiLLe metallurgy is not listed in any standards. For design of smiLLe™ products, you can refer to Type 347LN registered as below. Procedures in place for codes where registration is in progress.
■ ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
・ASME Code Case 2196-4
■ Fired Heater
■ ASTM products registration
Registration In Progress
■ Fired Heater
・API530 (expected to be registered by 2018 year-end.)
・ASME B16.34 (expected to be registered by 2019 in mid.)
ABOUT Asking Commercial topics
- We are dedicated to bringing you high-quality smiLLe™ products at similar price, lead time and delivery to conventional Type 347 of austenitic stainless steel material delivered from Japan
- We are dedicated to bring you high-quality smiLLe™ products at same production lead time and delivery conditions to Type 347 of austenitic stainless steel material delivered from Japan.
- For new customers, please submit requests through the REGISTRATION Form by selecting “Request for Quotation for smiLLe™ products”. Then our Mitsui sales manager will respond by email.
- 347AP material has been used for heater tubes in Japan since the mid-1980s. The tubes for approximately 19 heaters have been operated with this material over the years without a soda ash water neutralization step and without thermal stabilization heat treatment when the material was installed. Additionally, 347AP heater tubes were recently installed in North America.
- The smiLLe™ metallurgy represents a real benefit to the refiner in reducing costs associated with fabrication and downtime for a hydroprocessing unit. Additionally, increased revenue can be realized by omitting neutralization step during shutdown maintenance.
ABOUT smiLLe™ vendor registration
- A Non-Disclosure-Agreement and smiLLe™ Trade Mark License Agreement is required.
- Fabricators, Parts Suppliers and Steel Manufacturers should apply via the REGISTRATION Form by selecting “smiLLe™ vendor registration”.
These include vendors for the following:
・Reactor (Cr-Mo, Cr-Mo-V)
・Heat Exchanger (S&T)
・High Pressure Heat Exchanger (Cr-Mo)
・Seamless fittings for piping
・Seamless return bend
・Flange, Forged products
・Piston Type Check Valves
・Z-type (flow control) Valves
・Seamless Pipe and Tube
・Cast for Valves
◇ESW (Weld overlay)
Registration to the smiLLe system is required to view the approved vendor list.
ABOUT Managing Your Account of the smiLLe™ system
- The smiLLe™ system provides the ability to search for approved vendors. Customers can view their customized project vendor list and project information related to smiLLe™.
- First, submit your user profile through REGISTRATION Form. Then further instructions to set up your login ID and Password for the system will be sent through email.
- Please contact to the email address here. (smiLLeTKZPF@mitsui.com)